Info on options to yumdownloader

Ahmed A ahmedcali at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 21:47:36 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have a FC6 system (with no updates).  When I do
'uname -r', I get "2.6.18-1.2798.fc6", the standard
kernel that comes with the original FC6.

I have been reading and following the instructions in
the link
"http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/RELEASE-NOTES-en_US.html"
section 8.6, to get the full kernel source to the
above kernel.  One of the instructions says:

yumdownloader -e core-source -e updates-source
--source kernel

Can someone please tell me what the options -
core-source and updates-source do?  I have done some
googling, read man pages, but to no luck.  Any
explanation or pointers to web pages that explain
these options would be appreciated.

Will the option "updates-source"  update my kernel
version.

Thank you,
Ahmed.