Info on options to yumdownloader

Ahmed A ahmedcali at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 22:42:37 UTC 2007

Hello,

Thank you very much for the explanation, appreciate it
a lot.  I understand it much better now.

As for why no updates, well, I was on this path and
wanted to know if possible and how to do it.  And it
should be possible, for a user of a system to get the
kernel source of running kernel.

Well, I tried the steps, and something is wrong
(meaning, not working).  When I issued the command, I
get the following:

$ uname -r
2.6.18-1.2798.fc6
$ yumdownloader -e core-source -e updates-source
--source kernel
updates-source            100%
|=========================|  951 B    00:00
core-source               100%
|=========================|  951 B    00:00
primary.xml.gz            100%
|=========================| 120 kB    00:00
404/404
primary.xml.gz            100%
|=========================| 305 kB    00:01
1154/1154
kernel-2.6.20-1.2933.fc6. 100%
|=========================| 6.3 MB    00:24
kernel-2.6.20-1.2933.fc6. 100%
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yumdownloader", line 191, in ?

Why is rmpdownloader downloading 2.6.20 (when my
currently-running kernel is 2.6.18).  Am I doing
something wrong?

Regards,
Ahmed.

"http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/RELEASE-NOTES-en_US.html"