FFox 2.0 suddenly hogging all CPU resources - Java is the cause

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Thu Apr 5 01:31:05 UTC 2007

On Wed April 4 2007, Claude Jones wrote:
> This is FF 2.0 from the remi.repo and Java 1.5.0.08, which I
> upgraded to 1.5.0.11 to no avail - Java is installed according
> to the Stanton Finley instructions and has been working fine
> till a few days ago.

Just to update: I had FF2.0 on my laptop and just got finished installing Java
1.5.0.11 using the Stanton Finley instructions. It works perfectly...

Something has borked my Java installation on the office machine

Suggestions on how to troubleshoot this welcome - heading over to the Java
forums to see what I can find... The only thing that's changed on that
machine in the past days, that I can think of, are whatever updates that came
through in the past week.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA