Announcing the Fedora Daily Package

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Apr 5 01:53:31 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 12:32 -0400, Chris Tyler wrote:
> Typo correction...

>> The Fedora Daily Package is an unofficial daily guide to some
>> of the interesting and useful packages in Fedora which
>> installed by default.
>
> This should of course have read:
>
> "...which *are not* installed by default."

Either would be a good idea.  Some applications purposes are not obvious
from the menu listings, and I'm not one for promoting the idea of
running unknown programs just to see what they do.  Some aren't listed.
Some have no real documentation...

For gawd's sake, programmers, give a synopsis of what your program does
in the readme file!  The usual names of persons involved, and whatnot,
are an utter waste of reading time.  Likewise, provide some useful
documentation.  Third-party documentation writers can only guess at how
your program should be used.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.