FC6 install failure Intel DG965WH motherboard

Bob Hartung rwhart at mchsi.com
Thu Apr 5 03:46:41 UTC 2007

Peter,
   It makes no difference whether hardrives are set to be RAID, IDE or
ACHI.  I have installed from this DVD to another identical machine (with
RAID 1) step up without this difficulty.

   If I try the two options you noted below, it still shuts down.  If I
try a text install, the same.  If I use 'linux noprobe' then there is no
way for me to get to the ide DVD play installed - the BIOS does see this
and reports is okay.

   To rule out any problems with usb, I switched to a PS/2 keyboard and
unpluged the USB mouse.

   It shutsdown if I try 'linux mediacheck'. etc.

   I am stumpted.  The BIOS version is identical to the other machine
which is running and I have tried reproducing the identical BIOS
settings without luck.  For that reason I don't see any reason to try
and upgrade the BIOS.

I am stumped - - - and I have already wasted far too much time including
returning one motherboard because I thought it was defective.

Anyone have any other ideas.  I will not be back to this till tomorrow
evening, and then I am on call both Friday and Sunday so they are shot.
  Looks like this new server may never see the light of day.

Thanks again,

Bob