fc6 suspend/hibernate

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Apr 7 05:18:22 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 15:57 +0200, François Patte wrote:
> I'm wondering how to guess which key will wake up my laptop from
> suspend.... Just installed fc6
>
> suspends well, but does not wake up!

That'd be down to your hardware and BIOS settings.  There isn't an OS
"running" while suspended, it can't control how it gets woken up.

That, of course, applies if you're not getting anything to wake up.  If
the hardware is reactiving (e.g. drive spin up, or displays light up
blank, etc.), but the OS isn't restarting, that's another issue.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.