got the "Intel 82801G ICH7 Family" sound card to work.

Daniel Waineo danwaineo at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 7 15:21:04 UTC 2007

> Thom Paine wrote:
> > aplay -l
> > **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
> > card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: STAC92xx
> Analog [STAC92xx Analog]
> >  Subdevices: 1/1
> >  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> > card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: STAC92xx
> Digital [STAC92xx Digital]
> >  Subdevices: 1/1
> >  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> >
> > This is the from when my sound was working. I'll
> post when I reboot
> > and if it doesn't work.

Interesting.  Aplay -l gives me the exact same output.
 I've got a Intel HD 82801H (ICH8 Family), and it's
never worked for me.  I filed a buzilla with Alsa
here:

https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=3004

I couldn't find you original message.  How did you get
it to work?  I don't have alsamixer problems - just no sound.