Trying to get wireless card to work in FC6

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 9 16:10:38 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 14:13 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Claude Jones wrote:
>
> >> At one point I had ifconfig and iwconfig showing the correct ssid
> >> and key but it still did not associate!
> >
> > Given this, I have one suggestion that would only take you a few minutes
> > to try. Download/install wifi-radar from extras, and give it a try. I've
> > had excellent success with that app, and it's amazingly easy to install.
>
> I agree that wifi-radar is easy to install and use.
>
> I cannot understand why Fedora does not base setting up WiFi
> on something like this.
>
> Linux WiFi setup is unbelievably BAD,
> and Fedora manages to be worse that most other Linux distributions.
>
> Whoever is responsible for the various WiFi configuration tools
> should be gently eased out of the job,
> and the author of wifi-radar asked to take the position.

That just is not true. If you use NetworkManager and
NetworkManagerDaemon rather than network wireless just works.
nm-applet lets you choose from wireless connections and configure them.
Running Windows on a Pentium is like having a brand new Porsche but only
be able to drive backwards with the handbrake on. (Unknown source)
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net