Add/Remove Programs oddity

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 19:22:40 UTC 2007

On 4/9/07, Mark Fraser <fedora at mfraz.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <f84880b00704090822l483c1f06xa6c2277d09d56a3e at mail.gmail.com>,
>    Kam Leo <kam.leo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 4/9/07, Mark Fraser <fedora at mfraz.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Just been into add/remove programs intending to have a look at Koffice,
> > > but I noticed that all the sections under applications were listed as
> > > KDE (K Desktop Environment) apart from Editors. I'm also getting this
> > > with Kyum and yum extender.
> > >
> > > Also, there are 2 entries for a few of the applications such as koffice
> > > and both seem to be for the same package.
> > >
> > > Is this something I've done or a more general problem and how can it be
> > > fixed?

Graphics> > Kyum is gui for yum. yum is a CLI application. Kyum
depends on yum. Are
> > you complaining that yum is included under KDE?
>
> No, what I'm saying is that even with Add/Remove programs (pirut) instead
> of entries like 'Multimedia' and 'Office' under the applications section
> I'm just getting 'KDE (K Desktop Environment)' apart from one which is
> still listed as 'Editors'.

Your post makes no sense to me.  If I choose View->Browse two panel
are presented:

Left Panel
========
Desktop Environment
Multimeida
Development
Servers
Base System
Languages
Uncategorized

Right Panel
=========
Authoring and Publishing
Editors
Educational Software
Engineering and Scientific
Games and Entertainment
Graphical Internet
Graphics
Office/Productivity
Sound and Video
Text-based Internet

Do you have the same or you complaining about optional packages?