Fedora/RH policies sometimes suck

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Apr 10 03:45:40 UTC 2007

linuxmaillists at charter.net wrote:
> On Monday 09 April 2007, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> linuxmaillists at charter.net wrote:

>>> The OpenOffice.org package on the web site will do
>>> things that can't be done in the Fedora version.  Even
>>> as early as the 1.0.3 version (I have a copy on Knoppix
>>> 3.3 live CD) from the OOo site had this function in it.
>> You didn't answer the question.  What you are saying is
>> not in dispute.
>
> I have not been talking about this from a legal view point
> only from a user view point.  There is functionality in the
> original OOo package from the OOo website that is missing
> in the Fedora version.  I also have described the missing
> functionality that I know about twice in this thread.

Oh, so there is no issue.

All you are simply saying is that the binary rpms from OpenOffice have some
functionalities not included in the Fedora rpms.  So, you're not
complaining, simply stating a fact.

FWIW, all distributors and users need to work within a legal framework even
if that legal framework is the aboriginal tribal elders of the Australian
outback.  :-)