Fedora/RH policies sometimes suck

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Apr 10 05:23:15 UTC 2007

linuxmaillists at charter.net wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 April 2007, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>
>>> I suppose it is but that wasn't my intent.
>> Haha, I wouldn't have guessed.
>>
>> --
>> Fedora Core 6 and proud
>
> I just very frustrated because I had found out about it
> after the project was done and Fedora/yum had re-installed
> the FC version 3 times before I figured out how to keep it
> from happening.  I wasn't blaming or trying to be
> inflammatory I was just venting and it was interpreted
> wrong which is unfortunate.

I think you mean "interpreted differently than intended" as opposed to
"wrong".  The use of "wrong" puts the onus on the reader and implies the
writer was clear in their intent thus basically absolving the writer.

> I just wanted to know and
> still do if there is any more software on the distro that
> is missing functionality.  If there is I will replace it
> with the original.  I am not afraid of the cock roaches.

I would venture to say that there very well may be other things missing.  I
also doubt that anyone on this mailing list knows them all.  You may wish to
contact the Fedora packagers of OpenOffice and see if they will answer your
question.

But, what I still don't understand is if you are concerned about missing
something then why not install the rpms from OpenOffice and be certain you
are missing nothing.