Alsa 1.0.14rc1 issues

Jeroen Lankheet admin1 at lankheet.com
Tue Apr 10 15:09:55 UTC 2007

Christian Burger wrote:
> Is anyone else having issues with alsa 1.0.14.rc1?  I got bit by this update
> and can't get any sound via alsa.  Is there anyway to downgrade to the
> 1.0.13?  My sound is integrated on a shuttle SN25P and it is a
> ICE1724/Envy24 VIA chipset.  I'm running FC6 on x86_64 platform if this is
> pertinent.

Hi there,

Yes. I'm also having sound problems. I didn't suspect the alsa update to
have caused this.
Can you  explain what is working and what isn't? Not that I'm able to
help you, I'm in the same shit.
At my FC6 box with ICH5 switching to ALSA in the sound-config, and
testing the sounds results in "audiotestsrc wave=sine freq=512 !
audioconvert ! audioresample ! gconfaudiosink: Resource busy or not
available"
Whatever that means...

Regards,
Jeroen.