Fedora Core 6 Update: samba-3.0.24-4.fc6

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Tue Apr 10 15:33:59 UTC 2007

Anduin Withers wrote:
>> Product     : Fedora Core 6
>> Name        : samba
>> Version     : 3.0.24
>> Release     : 4.fc6
>>
> <...>
>
>> Fixes for a number of bugs recently resolved in the rawhide
>> releases.
>> * Thu Apr  5 2007 Simo Sorce <ssorce at redhat.com> 3.0.24-4.fc6
>> - sync up patches from the rawhide packages
>>

> This seems to break access from Windows. Fedora->Fedora seems to work fine
> but using the same smb.conf:
>
> 3.0.24-3 = success
>
> 3.0.24-4 = failure
> Windows error: "System error 3"
>
> Anyone else seeing this? (I'm still looking through very verbose logs of the
> success/failure)

Check /var/log/messages.  This is what I saw:

Mar 30 08:33:08 eragon smbd[27923]:   '/usr/spool/samba' does not exist
or permission denied when connecting to [lp] Error was No such file or
directory

# ln -s /var/spool /usr/spool

So the rpm put the spooldir in the wrong place, and/or failed to make
the link.  I am not sure what the packager intended.

Good luck!