Fedora/RH policies sometimes suck

Res res at ausics.net
Tue Apr 10 21:50:05 UTC 2007

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Alan Cox wrote:

>> Then they should EXCLUDE the ENITRE package.
>> That way some, like the OP, don't get frustrated thinking they did
>> something wrong because the damned thing doesn't work.
>
> Ah of course its obviously better thant a couple of million users don't
> get any working office suite than you get a little confused by a specific
> feature. I'm sorry I must have forgotten that you are the only person who
> counts and that every other users needs are irrelevant,

What is the point of including a non complete package, lets put in
firefox 2.0.0.3 BUT lets take out its ftp ability, so your stuck with http
only.

Lets include kopete, but because m$ offer a protcol in it, lets remove its
ability to MSN.

My point to this Alan is, where does it all end????

And your comment about changelog earlier on,  do you seriously expect
someone whos just installed Fedora to gather a list of all rpm's and  read
every single changelog?

--
Cheers
Res

Let Novell know what you think of their back door deal with the devil.
Sign the petition today:   http://techp.org/p/1/