Customisation and kde

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 04:46:43 UTC 2007

On 4/10/07, Franck Y <franck110 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two question.
>
> I have a server in my network and i would like to be able to connect
> to it though X.
> Has anyone has a good tutorial to make it work under the fc5.

It depends on what clients you'd like to connect.  If they're windoze
boxes already, you could install X11 under cygwin and query the X
server or use a VNC client. Under linux, just query the remote X
server (man startx?)  Even Apple ships a X11.  If you'd like to use
dumb terminals, install ltsp-utils from extras on the server - you can
boot the clients from floppies or CDs and they'll come up to the
remote X login screen.  ltsp.org has pretty good docs.

There are other ways to do remote X as well - I use LTSP at home.

> I would like to modify the Fc6 for my school, i mean customise this
> installation and the first log on and wallpaper, has anyone has a good
> tutorial for it or away

Not a tutorial, but have a look at http://www.gnome-look.org/ - as
inspiration at least.

HTH,