Please Lawd! Not again!! <falls down weeping> xine broken all over again

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 13:24:38 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 07:45 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday 10 April 2007, Ric Moore wrote:
> >> I get this again (same ole same ole)
>
> > I know the feeling, Ric.  Xine gave up on me a few weeks ago - without
> > warning.  It just refused to play my disks.
>
> You have reported these bugs/problems at
> http://bugzilla.redhat.com/
> against Fedora Extras/xine-lib right? :)
Not yet, I bitched on the list to see if anyone had a clue first in
order to discern what may have happened, or what may be broken. Xine
uses a lot of other RPMs, and I'm trying to narrow it down here.

ffplay for ffmpeg will directly play the .swf files correctly.
mplayer plays the .swf files correctly.

I'm steadily deducing where the problem might lie, and the error message
from Xine lays it on libavcodec as not being built correctly. But, none
of the other formats I've tested seem to fail. Just .swf files are
jerky. We had the same problem some months ago, which I cured back then
using rpms from either your site or freshrpms. Anne might remember
correctly.

I'm getting the error message playing an .wmp file, but the playback
appears smooth, when called directly from a terminal window I get this
error:
This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.4.
(c) 2000-2004 The xine Team.
Compiler did not align stack variables. Libavcodec has been miscompiled
and may be very slow or crash. This is not a bug in libavcodec,
but in the compiler. Do not report crashes to FFmpeg developers.

So... I just rm -rf ~/.xine and re-ran the file. It blew up real good
this time and an error trace popped up. Now, I have something worth
filing a bug report against. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net