Customisation and kde

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Wed Apr 11 15:02:30 UTC 2007

Franck Y wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two question.
>
> I have a server in my network and i would like to be able to connect
> to it though X.
> Has anyone has a good tutorial to make it work under the fc5.

I don't know of a good tutorial, but one thing to keep in mind is
that the default X setup only accepts X connections from the local
machine. (And piped through ssh connections, but those look like
local connections.) I do not know the KDE utility to change it, but
in Gnome it is System --> Administration --> Login Screen --> Remote
and Security. (Remote for remote logins, Security for remote
connections to local desktop.)

On the remote machines, you will want to check the Include Hostname
Chooser box to give you the choice of connecting to remote machines.

Mikkel