Tux 500

taharka res00vl8 at alltel.net
Wed Apr 11 18:20:37 UTC 2007

How do,

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 10:34 -0700, alan wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, linuxmaillists at charter.net wrote:

> >> Exactly why is this important?
> >>
> >> Sounds like a marketing department trying to raise money
> >> for their pet project.
> >
> > Why is that so Bad?
> >
> > Its important because it takes marketing and exposure to
> > advance anything.  Which camp are you in the one that wants
> > to see more people use Linux or the one that does care if
> > more people use Linux?
>
> For $300,000 I could buy a lot of beer and/or cider at user group meetings
> and generate a lot more good will than driving a car around a strip of
> asphalt.

IMHO, that's doubtful. Folks at user group meeting tend to already know
about Linux. If the Linux car wins/places/shows at Indy, $300,000 will
be a small price for the good will it will generate. BTW, it's no easy
feat to drive an Indy car around a strip of asphalt ;-)

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.