gmail blown up

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 21:41:39 UTC 2007

On 4/12/07, Rickey Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's a slew of disgruntled gmail users that got knocked out
> somehow.  I can now send, but not retrieve.  The crowd is getting
> pretty ugly about it in the gmail help topics forum. Of course, your's
> truly stirs the port occasionally.  I thought it was on my end,
> downgraded evolution, lost all of my mail folders and contents in the
> process, beat myself up for awhile, re-installed, all to no avail.
> THEN I thought to check gmail on the website and found all of the rest
> of the lost souls.
>
> We're huddled around the campfire built inside a busted TV, just like
> in "Terminator". Refugees from a very technological world that is a
> great place to live, until something basic like email blows up. At
> least it knows no discrimination with regards to race, creed or OS.
> Mac, Windows, Linux users of various types are all affected.  I find
> some measure of comfort in that. :) Ric

Apparently I adapted better than some then. I just turned off
Evolution and did the webmail thing to get my fix :] I didn't feel any
need to get angry at anyone.

That is one thing in switching to Linux though ... now I assume that
if I didn't change anything, the problem must lay elsewhere. In
Windows, if things stopped working, there was a 50% chance that MS
decided to bork things up for me automagically without any user
intervention and a 10% chance that some virus or worm decided to safe
MS the effort.

/Mike