lvm question

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Apr 12 23:23:52 UTC 2007

Gene Heskett wrote:

> Rant mode on here Ed.

Thanks for the the warning.  After reading your whole message I would never
had thought you were ranting.  :-)

> Not permanently.  I was able to use fdisk and add a 4th partition to account
> for the rest of the drive after I was done.  That's why I asked the question
> about adding it to the LVM setup for real use, but no one has offered any how
> to on that, not yet anyway.

With respect for LVM I'll have to admit that I've become lazy.  I'd not used
it before and I decided to invoke it this past weekend when setting up RAID
and putting in additional storage on my RHELv4 system.  So, I took a short
cut and used a GUI instead of the CLI.  Shame on me.

Anyway, if you use the GUI does it detect the additional space and can it be
initialized for LVM usage?

So as not to let the rest of your words go to waste....yes Amiga was may
Amigo too a while back.