[OT] Postscript and PDF Printing Puzzlement

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Fri Apr 13 21:41:13 UTC 2007

On Friday 13 April 2007 21:42, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 21:38:33 +0100
>
> David Fletcher <fc at fletchersweb.net> wrote:
> > If I tell konqueror to print, the rectangle is the correct
> > size but shifted down the sheet by about 8mm. Same result with both the
> > postscript and the pdf files. Any idea why it shifts the rectangle down
> > the paper?
>
> Try printing your file with Acrobat Reader.

OK, thanks, that works.

But I'm still puzzled. When I write a letter, I use Open Office, export it to
pdf, print the pdf, stick it in an envelope, mail it and delete the .odt
file. Printing from konqueror works with the pdf generated by Open Office. I
think. Maybe I should try it both ways and see if there's a difference. Just
thinking out loud...

Dave

--
Registered Linux user number 393408