[OT] Postscript and PDF Printing Puzzlement

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Fri Apr 13 22:24:39 UTC 2007

On Friday 13 April 2007 22:50, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 22:41:13 +0100
>
> David Fletcher <fc at fletchersweb.net> wrote:
> > Printing from konqueror works with the pdf generated by Open Office.
>
> There appear to be many "flavours" of PDF files.
>
> I have found that Acrobat Reader is the most consistent in how it renders
> and prints PDF files.  The open-source PDF readers are not yet up to the
> task in some cases.  Hopefully that situation will change soon, or
> eventually.  In the meantime, Acrobat Reader works.
>
> --

I just tried printing the same Open Office generated pdf document with both
konqueror and Acrobat Reader, and the copies look identical in every way.
Must be there's some difference in the final result when I used
CAD->postscript->ps2pdf to create a pdf.

Looks like I need to try out the Adobe product at work on Monday. I've also
been having problems printing to the Brother laser on the other segment of
the office network, so maybe Adobe will help with that too.

Thanks again for the suggestion, Frank.

Dave

--
Registered Linux user number 393408