delete problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 14 12:24:00 UTC 2007

On Friday 13 April 2007, eng.waleed wrote:
> hi
> I try to delete files from full space FS but the space does not be
> available after  delete some files , please advice BR

Did you use shift-delete?  If not, they are just marked for deletion - they
appear in your wastebin.  If that's the case, empty the wastebin.

You can easily see such effects in a terminal.  Before you delete do

df -h

and again after you've deleted.  You should see the difference, although it
may not be obvious if you only delete a few small files.

Anne