NetworkManager ipw3945 resume problem

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 14:49:53 UTC 2007

On 4/13/07, Todd Zullinger <tmz at pobox.com> wrote:
> Steve Siegfried wrote:
> > Is ipw3945 supported in FC6 or did you have to add the stuff from
> > Intel by hand?
>
> It's not supported.

If you need support for an ipw3945 RIGHT NOW, I'd suggest you get the
driver from http://ipw3945.sf.net. They explain everything pretty
well.  The only part that is not entirely obvious is that after you
make the module ipw3945.ko, then you have to manually copy that into
your modules hierarchy, someplace like
/lib/modules/kernel-XxX-yyy/kernel/drivers/network/wireless and then
run "/sbin/depmod -a".    Version 1.2 has worked perfectly for me
since January.  You install the firmware package, then there is a
program ipw3945d which is a thing you run after  you load the module.
As people mention here, there are various RPMs for it from sites, but
I have not had so much success with RPMS because the version of the
ipw3945 driver has to  match  your kernel exactly.