OpenOffice Calc biting the dust

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Sat Apr 14 18:20:52 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 21:52 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> One thing that is hard to swallow is a spreadsheet that just winks out
> of existence in the middle of last minute tax prep. I'll be entering a
> column of data then it just winks out. Recovery process starts me almost
> at the beginning. Anyone else experiencing this? It's a little bit
> un-nerving. Ric

Hi, Ric,
	I had one do that, but I had a roundabout circular reference that
caused it.  It just kept reiterating until it ran out of memory.  Check
the column formulae and see where they point to.  Mine somehow escaped
the detection algorithm, and I had to figure it out, but since I had
created it, I knew where to look.  If the formula is one you need, you
can set the triggerlevel on iterations so that once the changes fall
below a certain point, the iterative call stops and returns the last
value calculated.

Regards,
Les H