[drm: i830_wait_ring] *ERROR* lockup

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 14 19:26:44 UTC 2007

I run FC2 and had an unusual even today. I had a regular login,
and also had logged in on the CTRL-ALT-F1. Suddenly, the screen
went to the login screen on the GUI display, and when I switched to
the CTRL-ALT-F1 TTY, I found these messages:

[drm: i830_wait_ring] *ERROR* space: 90016 wanted 131064
[drm: i830_wait_ring] *ERROR* lockup
[drm: i830_wait_ring] *ERROR* space: 90008 wanted 131064
[drm: i830_wait_ring] *ERROR* lockup

When I went back to the GUI screen, and logged in, everything
seemed normal, except that all my apps had died, of course.

I suspect an "out of RAM" type error. But I wonder what
caused it. Googling turned up some info that makes it look
like X is somewhat unstable. It's been running on this machine
for a couple of years without a problem.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.