libthread_db problems

Rob Brown-Bayliss uncertain.genius at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 12:37:52 UTC 2007

Hi All.

I am having random crashes in a pygtk app, that started recently.  The
libthread_db library is always mentioned as are python libs...

But what is confusing me is other applications are usually listed in
the bug trace, for example, tvtime and evolution.  And these apps have
also stopped responding.  And thses apps are not used, referenced or
interacting with the app that is the (apparent) cause of the crash.

So I am, wondering how a pygtk app can take down other non related gtk
apps in a broken thread? or is the libthread_db library brokenperhaps?

This is on fedora core 6 with most recent updates, (updating kernel
and xorg now actually).

--
Rob