Konqueror does not want to use mplayer

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Sun Apr 15 13:00:53 UTC 2007

Folks,

  I've modified the file association in Konqueror so that .ogg files
are prefered to be played with Mplayer.  Thus, Mplayer is at the top of
the list. I add Mplayer and moved it to the top of the list and I put
noatun (what a name!) at the very bottom.  I've also added the '*.ogg'
file extension which was not there for Vorbis audio files.

  Still, Konqueror wants to open .ogg files with that noatun thing.

  So I did the Windows Thing (TM) and rebooted the system.

  No dice, Konqueror still insists on opening .ogg files with 'noatun'.

  And it so happen that 'noatun' dies with a segfault while mplayer,
xine, ogg123 have no problem playing local .ogg files.  System is FC6,
x86_64, AMD X2 CPU, 4 GB RAM.

Thanks for any info.