Embedded video in OO.org Impress? no formats work?

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 22:45:38 UTC 2007

Hey list,

I was doing a slideshow presentation related to Fedora no less, on
Fedora, and I couldn't get Impress to accept any popular video
formats. I tried .avi, .mpeg, and .ogm. I used the file command each
time to ensure that the file was what I expected it to be. And Impress
rejected all of them, claiming that it did not support the format. I
had to resort to using OO.org on WinXP to get the presentation done.

What does the Fedora version of Impress support? Is this another
feature that has been removed by Fedora? If so, it would be nice if
the feature was removed entirely.

Please advise.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud