image distortion between fc6 and mac tiger

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Mon Apr 16 18:56:49 UTC 2007

I am seeing an odd image distortion between Fedora and Mac Tiger.

http://flashfyre-2000.livejournal.com/3105.html

...on FC6 the slides look normal, on Mac Tiger the slides have an odd
tiled background.

1) Create presentation using Open Office Impress.
2) Select "1024x768" while exporting as HTML
3) Images end up sized "800x600"...
4) On FC6, using eog, gimp, firefox etc. JPEG images match presentation
slides.
5) On Mac Tiger, using iDvd, Safai, default viewer, etc. JPEG images
have oddly distorted background image.

I also tried loading the images into gimp and exporting as PNG. Same
result (hence the two images on the LJ page).

I don't know enough about the image formats to figure out what is
causing this.

I struggled a bit setting the background on the master and slave slides
when I first made the presentation. Perhaps this caused it? Not sure.

Am curious what is doing this...tia for your comments.

--
SW