FC6 Skype Howto?

Gianfranco Durin gdurin at tele2.it
Tue Apr 17 09:23:43 UTC 2007

Vini Engel wrote:
[skip]

> Skype does work with ALSA and works very well. Maybe the problem that you are
> having there is with the sound card's driver. I have a sound card on my
> laptop that has some issues and sometimes kmix doesn't show the mic input
> option but my mic still works as sometimes it does show the mic tab and so I
> have selected it.
>
> You should try to run the latest version of skype that is available.
>
> Vini

Hi Vini,
I read this some time ago

http://www.skype.com/help/guides/soundsetup_linux.html

in particular "Currently, Skype does not natively support ALSA, so you
will need to install ALSA OSS emulation layer in order to use ALSA
devices in Skype.".

so I came to the conclusion that ALSA is not well supported.

Let's hope with the new version

Gianfranco