ATi Radeon 9550 + Open Source Radeon Driver Crash the Whole Box

Hikaru Amano kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 10:22:29 UTC 2007

On 4/16/07, Guo Lin <golvin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> I installed Beryl recently on my FC6. It looks great, the animations are
> always smooth and elegant on my ATi Radeon 9550. But after using it a while,
> it starts crashing my pc, I mean my whole PC, not Beryl itself. When it
> crashes, usually it turn off the power of my PC, leaving my power button
> blinking, while at other times it just hang my PC ( i.e. cursor, num lock
> and everything is not responding).
>
> I tried to let Beryl run on AIGLX and also on XGL + closed source driver,
> but both result in these weird crashes.
>
> Could anyone please guide me to overcome this problem? Or did anyone
> experience this before?

can anybody help this guy? ... he's my classmate and I have tried to
find the cause of the crash for quite a while but without success ...
the system suddenly goes unresponsive / powered off ...

any information should I try to get from his PC so that I can file a
bugzilla about this? ...

regards
Hikaru
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail