recommendation for a 64bit laptop

Jack Byers byersj at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 17 15:56:37 UTC 2007

Jack Byers     byersj at hotmail.com

Kevin Kempter wrote

>I'm thinking about getting a 64bit laptop so I can run 64bit FC5/FC6
>however I must have wireless working.  Any suggestions?

I too am thinking of/trying to get  a 64bit laptop
I had an email info exchange with rcubed which prepackages linuxinstalls,
which started off very promising:
rcubed rep said they hadnt done one yet but would work with me and they
were sure any problems could be worked out.
They assured me wireless would be no problem.
Some issues remaining on hibernation and......??

Well after several email xchanges,
the rcubed email response to my email questions got very slow replys and
then completely quit.
I am a complete laptop newbie/wannabe, so i dont doubt that some of
myquestions
were a PITA to them;  but I dont understand their complete lack of response
after
sounding so promising at first .  I havent had time to follow this up for
the last month or so,
but i will try with a phone call and let you know how it turns out
Jack