Why is Fedora a multimedia disaster? - Here is why.

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 18:18:09 UTC 2007

On 4/17/07, Michael Wiktowy <michael.wiktowy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/17/07, Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> > ps. Who decided to give video ogg vorbis filenames same extension as
> > audio ogg vorbis files?
> > That feels totally wrong to me. That will confuse a lot of people.
>
> ogg is just the container format. It is able to contain both video
> (mainly theora codec) and audio (mainly vorbis codec). It is pretty
> flexible.
>
> /Mike

Ok, I know that already. And if I was a "newbie" i probably wouldn't
even know how to find this mailing list.

My point is how would you answer to this question to your
wife/girlfriend or brother/sister or even mother/father? That is the
base or my question! And there is no answer that is good enough
because there should be a CLEAR distinction in extension for ogg video
and audio files IMHO.