[Fedora] Re: Failover setup

Ferguson, Michael ferguson at BRVMLAW.COM
Tue Apr 17 18:23:22 UTC 2007

May I suggest:
Two different broadband lines each with its individual firewall/router
Configure your DNS to hand out the two default gateways.
If one fails the second one is already in the search path. No???

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Ashley M. Kirchner
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 1:58 PM
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: [Fedora] Re: Failover setup

    What happens if/when the LVS goes down?  Connections that are supposed
to go through it are (once again) dead?  No, I'm not trying to figure out
every single possible point of failure here, I'm just trying to figure out
what happens when something that acts as a controller for many happens to go
>poof< ...

    See, our biggest problem here is that we have several public servers at
three different locations, and we ned to be able to get to those machines
from here.  If our firewall here goes down, we can't get anywhere, let alone
to our remote offices.  So in a sense, that firewall is our single point of
failure (if I look past the CSU/DSU.)  So I'm looking at ways to "fix" or
aliviate this part of our operation...

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.