format logwatch reports as html [Solved]

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 18 01:01:40 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 09:28 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:
> I'm not sure where the formatting occurs because that header.html file
> doesn't seem to contain enough info; my report arrives with all the
> sections listed vertically at the top; each item is a hyperlink that
> you can click on to take you to the precise section; each section is
> contained within a simple table - the first row is white backgrounded
> and is a sub-section title - each subsequent row within the
> sub-section is grey-backgrounded; new sub-sections are introduced by
> another white backgrounded title row; fonts are larger - the whole
> thing is very easy to glance through and navigate through, and
> problems are easy to spot.

In that HTML header, there's CSS rules which dealt with colouring,
fonts, padding, margins, and borders, in the style element.  The basics
for how the HTML looks.

The next part that made up the HTML (the content) would have came from
the logwatch program.  Which would have added in links, and broke the
report up into useful sections, tabulating, etc.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.