Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Wed Apr 18 01:33:09 UTC 2007

On Tue April 17 2007, Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 16:22 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> > there are three methods known to fix windows problems and you always
> > try them in this order: (1) reboot, (2), reinstall windows, (3)
> > reformat.
>
> The three "r"s..., though you're missing the fourth one:  repeat...

Not my experience at all. I manage around 50-100 machines depending on the
time of year and trade winds - been doing it for ten years. I've reinstalled
Windows less than 5 times - I've done a fair share of repairs, many more than
re-installs, but that saves all the settings and data. There are lots of good
reasons to not like Windows, but it gets downright silly sometimes on these
lists...

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA