[Fedora] Re: Failover setup

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Wed Apr 18 07:21:04 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 18 April 2007 00:16:24 Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
> Ferguson, Michael wrote:
> >  OK.
> > Have a standby box prepared and ready, shutdown and waiting.
> > If the primary goes down, your users will call you. Go in and simply swap
> > it out. No?
>
>     There in lies the problem: they won't call to tell me it's down.
> They'll just sit there and complain or wonder and wait till *I* come in
> to figure it out.  And let's say they do call...do you honestly think
> I'm going to wake up at 4 in the morning, drive down to the building to
> swap a machine?  Would you?  :)

Again, Keepalive+LVS will provide you an HA enviroment so you will be able to go to bed without any worries :-)
That's what I did some days ago with an apache cluster I was required to set up.
If one of the apaches fails, the other one will server all the connections.

--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

be used for urgent or sensitive issues.