Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat

Scott van Looy scott at ethosuk.org.uk
Wed Apr 18 08:15:27 UTC 2007

Today Arthur Pemberton did spake thusly:

> On 4/18/07, Scott van Looy <scott at ethosuk.org.uk> wrote:
>> On Apr 17 Les Mikesell did spake thusly:
>>
>> > No, there are three methods known to fix windows problems and you always
>> try
>> > them in this order: (1) reboot, (2), reinstall windows, (3) reformat.
>>
>> Possibly 9,000,000 years ago, unsurprisingly things have changed somewhat
>> since.
>>
>> IF it's not booting, insert CD, go to recovery console, log on, type
>> "fixmbr"
>>
>> For other issues:
>>
>> 1) reboot
>> 2) last known good
>> 3) safe mode (if it runs in safe mode, try rebooting, sometimes that's
>> enough to fix things, sometimes not). Fix the issue there
>> 4) insert Windows CD and let it automatically find and repair windows by
>> going through the install wizard until you reach the bit where it finds
>> your old copy of windows and can reinstall
>> 5) IF it won't run or won't reinstall correctly, then and ONLY then,
>> reinstall
>>
>> It's easier to fix windows without reinstalling than it is to fix fedora
>> ;)
>
> You must have a different version than I do. But really, this
> discussion is somewhat silly.

Possibly, but it's been like this for 8 years...you can't compare Win98 or
something with FC6, that's just ridiculous

--
Scott van Looy - email:me at ethosuk.org.uk | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
site:www.freakcity.net - the in place for outcasts since 2003

I have replaced NT with Linux.
Linux -- heir of the byte that dogged me.

    -- Allan Willis