format logwatch reports as html [Solved]

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Wed Apr 18 16:05:23 UTC 2007

On Tue April 17 2007 9:01:40 pm Tim wrote:
> In that HTML header, there's CSS rules which dealt with
> colouring, fonts, padding, margins, and borders, in the style
> element.  The basics for how the HTML looks.
>
> The next part that made up the HTML (the content) would have
> came from the logwatch program.  Which would have added in
> links, and broke the report up into useful sections,
> tabulating, etc.

I saw the CSS rules - as stated previously, I am not a coder - I
can read it enough to hack it occasionally, but to actually
write it and get all the syntax right is not in my skill-set,
not is it something I want to spend the time to learn at this
stage of my life. So, I'm glad I got it all working - in order
to get the reports in html I had to do one additional thing
after downloading the latest version of logwatch - it runs as a
chron job from a perl script in cron.daily - I had to find the
output line in that script and change it to 'html'
from 'unformatted' - works great now

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, Md, USA