strange behaviour with the new linux core.

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 16:48:51 UTC 2007

On 4/18/07, john brennan-sardou <johnbs at tele2.fr> wrote:
> I have been following just a little bit this thread about the new
> version of linux core. I tried to install it through yum and it beat up
> my file system. I managed to save it but it does seem to me that there
> is a problem here. I went back to the old 18 version and it worked like
> a charm. Did I do something wrong?

No. There have been several bug reports regarding problems with the
newer kernels.

P.S. New versions of the kernel roll out all the time."new version of
linux core" and "old 18" are ambiguous  For all we know you might be
one of those still using the 2.4 series or one built from source. Next
time, be more specific and provide the entire version number that is
giving you problems.