Curious kmail question

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Apr 18 19:14:19 UTC 2007

Anne Wilson wrote:

>> Please understand I really like KDE and kmail/kontact was my first
>> choice.  But at the moment I don't recommend it for IMAP at least.
>>
> Your opinion, but certainly not mine.  If you need specific advice on kmail +
> imap, the place to get it is on the kde-pim list.  It's generally helpful.

One needs advice when the lack is in the user.  If the lack is in the
software, that takes developers to sort out.

In the meanwhile, the great thing about IMAP is still that you can try
as many clients as you like without losing data.  If one crashes or is
slow with your server, you most definitely ought to try another without
a second thought.

-Andy