I can not resample a wave file in audacity-1.3.2-8.fc6.

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 19:21:20 UTC 2007

On 18/04/07, Strong wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 07:57:26 +0200 "Michael Schwendt"
> <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I can not resample a wave file in audacity-1.3.2-8.fc6. From 44 khz
> > > to 48  or back - it just exits. What to do? Am I alone with the
> > > problem?
> >
> > Can you give step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce that?
> >
> > Helpful would be if you could create a strack-trace:
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StackTraces
>
> No easy for me to do that, so I describe my steps:
>
> 1. I open 44100 Hz wav,
> 2. Click Tracks->Resample,
> 3. Input in the dialog window 48000.
>
> In 1 second it exits. Here is its output in the terminal window:
>
> ** (audacity:2568): CRITICAL **: clearlooks_style_draw_focus: assertion
> `height >= -1' failed Segmentation fault
>
> Tested on FC5, FC6 on both i386, x86_x64 - on desktop and laptop.

It's not reproducible for me with FC6 and "Clearlooks" theme. The
assertion warning and the segfault may be unrelated. It is
insufficient information. Do you have any 3rd party repositories
enabled? Do you use any special desktop settings/features/theme/font
config?

With the audacity-debuginfo package installed,

  yum --enablerepo=extras-debuginfo install audacity-debuginfo

  http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/6/i386/debug/audacity-debuginfo-1.3.2-8.fc6.i386.rpm

in the terminal, please run

  $ ulimit -c unlimited
  $ audacity

Then make it crash and generated a simple stacktrace as described here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StackTraces#head-a1de6b28be7ab04f2e8e58f42882d76ae63d80c1