Why is Fedora a multimedia disaster? - Here is why.

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Wed Apr 18 22:21:00 UTC 2007

Les Mikesell wrote:

> And how does that work out for you when you keep your multimedia files
> on exteral USB drives for portability among linux/mac/windows boxes?

I guess it depends on the file system. If it is a FAT file system,
then you are probably stuck with something like the present system.
If it is a system that supports extended file attributes, then you
only need to update the attributes for new/changed files. Now, if
the idea turns out to be a practical one, then hopefully it will
also be supported on the MAC. Two out of three aren't bad...

Mikkel