Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 12:15:36 UTC 2007

On 19/04/07, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dotan, my laptop dual-boots with XP.  I have that set up to notify me of
> updates, but not install.  I do recall seeing, however, that you can elect to
> download updates automatically and install later, though I've never tried
> that, since I like to read the description of the updates before letting them
> loose :-)
>
> Anne

That is almost impossible in Israel. Software pirates are rampage
here, such that WGA assumes everything is pirate. I do believe that
it's area-specific, and with just reason. In any case, on my current
Dell I run a cracked XP in a VMWare VM because my legal XP disk won't
validate and the cracked one works fine! I've overcome the moral
reasons as I HAVE a legal licence.

Automatic updates are the only way to update a cracked XP. As for my
(past) professor, I will suggest to him non-automatic updates.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/ubuntu.html
http://technology-sleuth.com/question/what_is_a_cellphone.html