Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Thu Apr 19 18:06:35 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 12:15 +0100, Scott van Looy wrote:
> Today Jim Cornette did spake thusly:
>
> > Ed Greshko wrote:
> >> I just wonder if anyone has noticed that the OP has not said anything since
> >> first posting.  Ever get the feeling you've been baited?
> >>

> > It does give one a chance to vent their frustrations with OS versions that
> > have strange problems. It does look like several messages were sent as bait
> > and are spawning two separate threads. Fortunately good ideas are presented
> > within both spawned threads.
> >
> > At least I can try some of the helpful hints from these baited threads from
> > knowledgeable people from both camps and those impartial to any particular
> > OS.
>
> I am impartial to any particular OS (cept OSX, which is icky), I just
> don't like the OS being bashed when it's actually the users' lack of
> knowledge that causes the problem
>
> --
> Scott van Looy - email:me at ethosuk.org.uk | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
> site:www.freakcity.net - the in place for outcasts since 2003
> PGP Fingerprint: 7180 5543 C6C4 747B 7E74  802C 7CF9 E526 44D9 D4A7
>        -------------------------------------------
>        |/// /// /// /// WIDE LOAD /// /// /// ///|
>        -------------------------------------------
>
> Windows 2000, Users Zilch
>
>     -- From a Slashdot.org post

Unfortunately for you there are a lot of users on here, who have
knowledge about many operating systems.  Your knowledge of the Windows
system shows when you run as a user with administrative privileges.
Sounds to me like you have been quite lucky.  By the way, how did you
acquire all this knowledge about windows?  Maybe by dealing with all
this stuff time after time?

Regards,
Les H