yum errors since update -

Bob Goodwin - W2BOD bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Apr 19 19:26:19 UTC 2007

Kam Leo wrote:
> On 4/19/07, Bob Goodwin - W2BOD <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:
>> I seem to be having a problem since yesterdays system update.  Can't
>> apply todays updates and most yum operations seem to result like below:
>>
>> yum install ncftp
>> Setting up Install Process
>> Setting up repositories
>> http://dl.atrpms.net/fc6-i386/atrpms/stable/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno
>> 4] IOError: <urlopen error (104, 'Connection reset by peer')>
>> Trying other mirror.
>> Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: atrpms
>>

>> Any suggestions on what to look for appreciated.  I haven't been able to
>> see any changes to the configuration files but I may have missed
>> something?
>>
>> Bob Goodwin
>
> ATrpms may be having server problems. Have you tried disabling the
> repo and seeing if yum works with your remaining choices?

Well then how about:

yum update --disablerepo=atrpms
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
dries                     100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
livna                     100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:03
updates-released          100% |=========================| 1.2 kB
00:00
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/all/stable/mirrors error was
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (104, 'Connection reset by peer')>
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: kde-redhat-all

I've been messing with this sporadically all day without success?

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin