any chance of a F7 spin using xfce?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Apr 20 02:05:08 UTC 2007

Globe Trotter:
>> Fedora seems to be in serious backward pedal: note that they got rid of
>> automount and editing of removable media in /etc/fstab

Rahul Sundaram:
> Auto mount devices works fine for me on FC6. If it doesn't work for
> you file a bug report. Mangling /etc/fstab to do automatic mounting of
> devices had several problems described in detail in hal list in
> freedesktop.org amoung other places.

I tend to agree that fstab is the right place for removable media in
fixed drives (e.g. internal DVD/CD drives), and that it's the wrong
place for completely removable media (e.g. unpluggable drives), but that
it ought to happen, outside the GUI environment, all the time.

If a GUI environment can automount a flashdrive, for example, then the
same behaviour should happen in the CLI environment, unless configured
to work otherwise.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.