Konqueror crashes in fc6, what do I do?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 12:29:20 UTC 2007

--- Gilboa Davara <gilboad at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 18:07 -0700, Antonio Olivares
> wrote:
> > Upon surfing the net, checking yahoo mail at home.
>
> > Using Konqueror, firefox takes the CPU up to 99%
> in an
> > AMD 1700XP computer, several crashes have
> occurred.
> > The following showed up in the backtrace clicked.
> >
> > What actions should I take?
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> >
> > Antonio
>
> A. Which graphics chipset/drivers are you using?

using nv driver, have an old nvidia card.

> B. Are you using binary only flash? If so, which
> version?

konqueror does not see the flash driver, only firefox
does.

> C. Are you using gnash (or any other type of
> alternative flash?) If so,
> which version?

not using gnash.

> - Gilboa
>
> --

Apparently, but not going to confirm yet, I opened
konqueror after installing privoxy and it worked
without crashing as it did before.  I did not install
privoxy as I was told to do so to avoid getting some
nuisance popup stating whether to open/view/save an ad
banner from yahoo.

Thanks,

Antonio