Claws-Mail: a fantastic mail client

Mail List lists at sapience.com
Sat Apr 21 16:43:43 UTC 2007

On Saturday 21 April 2007 11:15:15 am Jorge Luis Gonzalez wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 11:44:18PM -0400, Mail List wrote:
> > I tried it briefly - did not see any html composing capability - and even
> > after installing the pgp plugin I did not see how to sign/encrypt using
> > it ... it is fast tho.
>
> I don't think I've ever sent a piece of HTML mail--I know I haven't

    Text has its place for sure but (some of) the world needs more than just
text mail these days - the reality of today (cf 1980) is that networks are
fast and inthe business world formatted/structured mail is a de facto
necessity - and html is the only game in town.  Time to move on -

 claws seems like kmail only less so ... not compelling from my perspective
but if its active may well end up nicer and more functional than kmail which
seems to have reached stasis - claws is just not there yet. kmail is terrific
for organizing and reading and filtering - just not replying and composing
anything apart from simple text.

  For business there's only thunderbird and evo as far as I can tell and each
has its pros and cons. Sadly the killer email app is not yet upon us (me
anyway!).

   Enjoy ...